Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manjunath (software engineer)     28 January 2010

Divorce on desertion

Sir,

I got married 3 years back. My wife had ran away from our house without informing anyone in the ealy hours of morning(may be about 5 am) just 3 days after marraiage without any valid reason. though she was traced after a couple of weeks, there was no willingness from her to live with me. now as they (her family members) have found that we are financially sound, they are forcing her to live with me. as i am physically handicapped, i am not willing for her to live with me, for the fear that she may repeat the same thing again. can i file  a suit praying for divorce on the grounds of desertion.

Learning

3 Replies

manjunath (software engineer)     29 January 2010

Thanks for the reply. In continuation i would like to add that my wife who had ran away from our house had agreed for mutual divorce and a case was filed in family court. the case was posted for mediation and the case was eventually dismissed as she did not appear for mediation. so as per your advice, i am going to file a case praying for grant of divorce on the grounds of desertion and mental harassment. please can u provide some points on which a divorce can be claimed under desertion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register