Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJEEV KUMAR (Assistant Manager)     14 August 2013

Divorce/annulment/seperation

Hi Experts,

I am working for PSU Bank as PO. I got married in May 2013, this was arranged marriage. I am staying in Mumbai as my posting is here. My family is residing at delhi and Her too.

Before getting married, 10 days ago from marriage i teased her with my joke but she has made this topic too large that both the family got disturbed, that time, i didnt want to marry her coz of her small thinking but i have been forced by my family to marry.

After marriage, i took her to mumbai. here we spend hectic 45 days. In these days, some times we never spoke to each other. her small small things getting bigger and bigger. She  shows herself so quite and calm, while on the other side, while talking to her home she always told them to take her away and she wanted to get seperate from me. In between, we had been close for 2 time only, but in thing too she never give support to go ahead. Her JIJA's interfare too much in my family issues, he even threaten me to go legally in this matter. secondly while i was retruning delhi, he wanted to kill me at station only.

Before marriage, her family hide her age and educaiton background. all the things told to us is totally wrong. Also, after that she used to have doubt over me. she searched my laptop and other personal things for want of that i m having any extra affiars or not. but wheni enquired about what she is doing on lappy as internet history is deleted. she used to say that my personal,

Now, situation is like this, her uncle came at home with some guys, and heard my story. and take her away past a month, till now there is no convervsation from her side. She seems to show other that she is innocent but she gave me lots of trouble. She never use to speak a single word either to me or my mom and sister. since day one she wanted to break the house into two. she never spoke to my family at all. Also, she made comment on me, whenever i want i used her and then left her

My questions are:

1. can i go for seperation/ divorce / annulment.

2. If I started the matter, is i am at loss.??

3. is there any loss of job coz i m govt servent working in PSU bank

4. If there is any question of maintenance, what will be the amount, my income is 38k pm. 

5. how i get relieve from her, at the easiest.

6 please suggest me the better way to get out of the situation.

7 i want legal support to make my case too strong.

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     14 August 2013

Originally posted by : RAJEEV KUMAR

XXX

My questions are:

1. can i go for seperation/ divorce / annulment.
Take: None is possible before 1 year of marriage.

2. If I started the matter, is i am at loss.??
Take: Mountain out of mole is situation created and not loss is right way to see what is happening in such young marriage!.

3. is there any loss of job coz i m govt servent working in PSU bank
Take: if you are put behind bar for 48 hrs. then suspension is on the cards.

4. If there is any question of maintenance, what will be the amount, my income is 38k pm. 
Take: Almost less than 2 months old marriage and you are talking of maintenance? Infact you should be sending her Money Order as a young bride needs money too especially if she is from Delhi (another metro city like yours Mumbai)!

5. how i get relieve from her, at the easiest.
Take: I would suggest taking situation like a man. First tell her jija to shut up. Then arrange elders meeting and adjust, tweak, give time to young marriage. If things don’t work out then talk of amicable parting but not in 2 months. Marriage especially arranged once should not be treated as joke is my view.

6 please suggest me the better way to get out of the situation.
Take: Arrange elder meeting to sort out minor differences frankly - face to face without rubbing salt over emotional injury to difference in lifestyle of Mumbaikers and Delhi walas is my view..

7 i want legal support to make my case too strong.
Take: OK. Then do read last 200 discussions in Family Law and Criminal Law forum and make notes of 'strong case". If not able to invest internet time then contact locally an advocate and experiemnt on 2 month old consumated marriage - divorce trial.

Also note tell all your friends never to go in for arranged marriage with close ears / eyes. Better not to marry at all to not to know that a woman takes time to adjust to new surroundings just after marriage and 2 months is not that decade old to find all dozen faults in a newly married bride.……………….

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More