LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaloboran mahapatra (service)     18 September 2017

Dissolution of partnership

I am a Sr Citizen. My late wife was a partner in a holding 50% in a partnership firm.  After her expiry I filed a case for Dissolution of partnership in the 2005.  Partner is not giving financial statement since 2005. Can I ask court for a directive issued to the partner who is alive submits year wise financial statement?  Whether my lawyer can approach the court in this matter?  regards


 2 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     29 September 2017

Yes you can file ask court for issuing directions to provide the financial statement.

Shrijay Sheth   03 October 2017

You may approach court to resolve this matter, only if the Partnership Firm is registered with Local Registrar of Firms having jurisdiction over the Place of Business of the Partnership Firm.

Where the Partnership Firm is not registered with the RoF, one may look for Arbitration for the concerned issue. You may appoint an arbitrator(s) by mutual consent with Partner or you may approach Court for the appointment of Arbitrator(s) in consultation with the Court. The Arbitrators are normally retired High Court judge.

You shall consult a lawyer, who can guide you considering the clauses of the Partnership Deed.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads