Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Discrepancy in bank statements

whether wrong entry in pass book can be claimed by the account holder even if he does not possess counter foil of challan? In one of the banks cashier had by mistake made double entry of amount received and the challan has got passed by oversight by the officer and by the time error could be found out, the customer has taken entry of the passbook and had left. Once the entry was found out the mistake was rectified by deleting such extra entry from the system. when the customer had returned next day, the matter was reported to him and the extra entry was erased by applying liquid fuild ink. and there was discrepancy in the total balance due to the entry deleted in the system, a fresh entry was made on the next page of the passbook and the extra entry deleted is not appearing on the fresh page and the balance is matching. Now the customer has returned and is claiming both the amounts and is falsely stating that the extra entry belonged to an earler date and it is erased by applying fluid ink (whitener). but there is no such entry in the system. Now the customer wants to recover the extra amount which he has not paid (for which there is no challan counter foil) by falsely stating he had deposited at an early date and wants to recover the amount from 1. cashier 2. Officer who passed both the entry 3. person who made the passbook entry what is the legal position of the three bank staff in this case

sir iam a banking per my knowledge u can't get that extra amount but u can file a case in banking ombudsman where u can get justice if necessary banking ombudsman will fine to that particular bank...



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x