Upgrad LLM

widows right in husband's property

 We are residing in Maharashtra My mother is 90 years old widow. My father died in 1973 without making will and the co. society transferred the flat where we were residing in the name of my mother on the basis of nomination . My two sisters already married at that time. Afterwards 40 years my married sisters were ignored myself and mother. From 1973 to till  date we have paid all developments charges and rent of the flat. 

Now our society is under redevelopment and my both sisters have sent us notice claiming their right on the flat, gold ornaments etc.  My mother is ready to give them their share but can court consider the expenditure we have  made on the flat for last 40 years or irrespective of that it will give equal share to our sisters. Can my mother claim livelihood from my sisters who ignored her but now come forward to share the profit.

 I will be thankful if an expert on the group advise me in the matter.


ramchandra dusane




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x