Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

annonymous (na)     03 June 2013

Bank denying to close account

Hi

I had bank account with Leading  private sector Bank . I did  stop operating it  about 8 years ago  . So bank marked it  as "Dormant account "

when i approached bank to close it  they told me  that i need to activate account   before closing account .

To activate account i need to submit an Identity Proof  as well as address proof .

My Identity proof has exactly  same address  written in my Bank account ., However my address proof  has  old  series  of  house number  with  same street address .. (local muncipal corporation have allotted  multipe numbers to  every house)

So bank is denying  to   accept it as valid address proof  .

what is the possible remedy in above  circumstance?

Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 June 2013

if you have any old address proof showing the old address even a xerox copy provide with a new municpal address given and give a formal letter stating the facts and tell them to close the account., even then they are not doing then complain to the higher authorities personally 

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     03 June 2013

Bank cannot deny closing a dormant/inoperative a/c. Send your a/c closure request letter, alongwith all cancelled unused chq leaves, and your card cut in half, by post. As long as your signature matches, bank should close the a/c. Pls note that for a/c closure, all a/c holders must sign application. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register