Upgrad LLM

Consequences of false affidavit

Sir, 

Pl let me know in arelated case. Is IPC 195 applicable against a person who gave false complaint of forgery. FSL report proved complainant him self signed the alleged forged document (insstead of accused)

Ankit

In this case, the respondent filed the WS in a mat suit with false information about job as she was receiving maintenance in another court. Later it was proved tat respondent was lying & working, much before she filed the WS. The petitioner filed application under section 195 read with section 340. does it have any substance?

Is there any ruling to the effect that such person should be barred from receiving relief from the court.

Advocate Bombay High Court I 7809

The doctrine of clean hands kicks in. A false affidavit is perjury, under oath. Punishment can range from fine to imprisonment. (Best Nakery case; Zahira Khan). Orders obtained under false statements have to be set aside. The perjuror docked. Am going to argue just such a case of false witness and averments in a court in 4 hours. There are many judgements on this score, right from Lord Coke, 300 years ago. The Indian Supreme Court citations are best read in 1994 AIR 853 1994 SCC (1)1, bench: His Lordship, Mr. KULDIP SINGH (J),  Meghmala & Ors. Vs Narasinha Reddy & Ors. ,Ram Chandra Singh vs Savitri Devi & Ors, in Appeal nos. 8216 and 8217 of 2003, (AIR ……………………) is produced. This judgment also reconfirms observations of the two other judgements. One has to press the judges to take action; laxity is only helping the lawyers to try such tricks. I have already drawn the attention of a court to such matters by a complaint to the Principal Judge.

Advocate Bombay High Court I 7809

Let me know what happens.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x