LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan   07 May 2024

Criminal case registration doc marking

My father purchased property in year 2007 with link document as pahani but we came to know that vendor cheated us by showing land at wrong boundaries.We had filed criminal case against vendor and witnesess person whosigned in saledeed is unknow.

My father died in 2021.Now inorder to mark registration sale deed pp is saying we cant mark this registration document since my father vendee  died,vendor is accused and witness is not known.

can you please help guide how to solve we need to proove even after completion of 17 years of sale deeed document execution


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2024

You can as a legal heir to your father become a witness to the documents that are relied upon because you cannot depose evidence in the place of your father as you do not know the matter directly.

The Pahani is not a title document.

Your father did not take a legal opinion at the time of purchase.

Your father did not seek the relief of declaration to declare the correct details of the property purchase instead by misguidance he appraoch the criminal court probably on some ill advise.

You can discuss with a local lawyer on the basis of the relevant property papers and proceed as suggested

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     08 May 2024

Similar queries have already been posted, some of them are:

posted a new topic in forum Civil suite amendment

posted a new topic in forum Cheque bounce

posted a new topic in forum Rectification of sale deed in court case

posted a new topic in forum Adverse position by vendor 

posted a new topic in forum Civil suite

posted a new topic in forum Seller name is sale deed 

Read more at:

Mr. Sumitra kumar (Advocate)     08 May 2024

How is it possible that for so many years your father was unaware of the boundaries of the land. Exercising due diligence was required on his part. Anyway, you talk to your advocate since you are unable to frame question properly. A deed can be proved by attesting witness. Identifier too can be made a witness in the court in that matter.


Thank you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 May 2024

it appears that some of the querists are having fun by setting question papers than seeking remedies for their realtime issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register