Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BBA LLB   20 July 2021

Marriage in canada

Greetings Sir,

One of my friend Rahul Sharma a resident of New Delhi only is currently living in Vancouver, Canada back since 2016. He's been dating an Indian girl there whom he met at his university and now they both have decided to marry eachother. I want to enquire of they can marry out there? Since both the parties are Hindu will the Hindu Marriage Act of India be applicable there or will they have to marry in a church like the usual marriages in Canada?

Please do let me know, cause it's a bit of trouble as I tried finding out for the same on google but couldn't come across to any correct explanation.

Thank You

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 July 2021

Every day a new hypothetical academic topic is posted, what is actual problem ?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 July 2021

They can marry according to the Hindu rites, after performing the necessary Hindu rituals.

Kevin Moses Paul   26 July 2021

As per the question asked by you, let me inform you that a marriage between Hindus will only take place in accordance to the Hindus Marriage Act, 1956 regardless of the nation where the marriage is instituted.

So it doesn't matter if it's Canada or some other country, the marriage between Hindu male and female will take place according to the rituals and customs stated in the Hindus Marriage Act.

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register