LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BBA LLB   25 January 2021

Refund of payment

Hi there everyone. On 12th January 2020, I decided to get a WiFi broadband at my house since the older one isn't working the way it was promised. So on 12 January, I called a network company and asked them to install the WiFi network at my home for which I made them a payment of Rs. 1500 (including installation charges). They told me that the WiFi would start working the next day. I called them regarding the non functioning of the WiFi and asked them to refund my payment to which they agreed. It has been 12-13 days and till now the refund hasn't been received. I need to know how should I proceed to complain about them? Also the process that needs to be done for consumer court.


 4 Replies

Swati Singh   26 January 2021

You may send them legal notice and if still they don't agree, you may approch to consumer courts, being a consumer.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     26 January 2021

Send them legal notice. Thereafter approach the consumer commission with all your supporting documents. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 January 2021

Yes, send the legal notice. In all probability, the notice would settle the issue.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     28 January 2021

All the learned members hereinabove has rightly advised you to send a legal notice. It is also advisable, not mandatory, to send a notice/ legal notice before initiating any proceeding before Consumer Courts. 

However, you may require to spend more money on legal notice than the amount (Rs1500) actually spent by you. Hence, along with the refund you may seek compensation. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query