LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj   29 August 2020

regarding land purchased

I am planning to buy land...so I checked the land and paid some advance money to land owner...now due to covid and financial crises..till then I paid 50% amount of land..and owner is saying to pay full and register the land but some financial and personal problem I am not able to pay 50% money now but I assure to owner that I will pay in October but he is forcing to pay now...so what should I do in that case...can I recover my 50% amount from owner if he deny to register land in favour of me or can sell to other party...plz help

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 August 2020

How did you pay the advance through DD/Check or cash?  Is there any proof for it?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 August 2020

Originally posted by : raj
I am planning to buy land...so I checked the land and paid some advance money to land owner...now due to covid and financial crises..till then I paid 50% amount of land..and owner is saying to pay full and register the land but some financial and personal problem I am not able to pay 50% money now but I assure to owner that I will pay in October but he is forcing to pay now...so what should I do in that case...can I recover my 50% amount from owner if he deny to register land in favour of me or can sell to other party...plz help

The terms and conditions of agreement to sell shall decide, whether you can or cannot recover the amount paid.

Consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Vikram sodha   30 August 2020

register agreement for sale and promise seller to pay remaining payment in october

raj   30 August 2020

How did you pay the advance through DD/Check or cash?  Is there any proof for it?
I paid through by cheque

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2020

Any suggestion depends upon the terms of the agreement as to breach of agreement by the purchaser. In the absence of any conditions, the seller is entitled for loss/damages he had suffered because of the breach of agreement.

avadhesh Paliwal   06 October 2020

There is depend on sale deed and cheque.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register