What is the next step for police officer for violation of 41A CrPC notice?

Suppose, if someone not complying with conditions of 41A CrPC notice, what are options available to police officer, they can directly arrest or need to take permission from magistrate? Please explain in detail.


If 41A crpc notice is issued in investigation and person did not comply with it then concern police officer can arrest him. Court order is not necesaary.

Advocate Supreme Court of India

Police can arrest him


My doubt is , is it necessary to take permission or warrant for arrest from concerned magistrate by explaining the non compliance from accused side, and I also request you to cite few related judgements
Practising Advocate

what are the sections of law in the FIR.  There are instances where the police have remanded the accused to judicial custody after issuing 41A CrPC Notice.

It is the discretion of the police Asking the magistrate to send an accused to Judicail custody to  further investigate .

Also police asking for the judical custody  depends on the gravity of the offence and the section of law involved.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x