LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LakshmiPriya   14 September 2019

Property registration by GPA

Hi..i have purchased a apratment recently. The property was registered in sub registrar office from property builder's GPA (his son) to myself. Reason for GPA is the builder is a politician, so he couldnt come in person due to busy schedule. But they have given sale deed and construction aggreement in builder's name. Is it legal to buy property from builder's GPa(his son) in this case ?. Note : this property is through home loan. Thanks in Advance for your response.

Learning

7 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 September 2019

If the 'permit to sell' clause is included in the GPA and if the GPA is suitably adjudicated, then the person can sell the property. However it is prudent to take a clearance from the owner.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 September 2019

As you have informed that you have availed a home loan, it is presumed that Bank's legal adviser is convinced with your ownership of the flat on the basis of documents.  Once there is valid registration, and as the signatory is a politician's son, you may not worry as false registration without such power amounts to a crime and politicians avoid such crimes as it may tarnish their image and eligibility for contesting.

LakshmiPriya   14 September 2019

He has given a registered Special power of attorney document copy in which its clearly mentioned that he have given power for sale deed execution in his absence. So hope everything is fine.Thanks much for your response.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 September 2019

Yes, the facts posted suggestd no reasons to worry.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 September 2019

Shri GLN Prasad:

"and politicians avoid such crimes as it may tarnish their image and eligibility for contesting."

I am amused to read this. Foolish people in this country vote for even criminals. Jayalalitha would have been in jail if she were alive today. Still her party installs her cut-outs and solicit votes

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 September 2019

Please go through to-day's headlines on AP.

Bhaskaran Advocate (Lawyer)     20 September 2019

What if he has give GPA to two or more persons.  Long back GPA registration has been stopped.  But then in your case I think you should be safe enough since trouble you get will then get linked to the politician which will open the thundora box.   The politician as we know will never want to get into this type of publicity.  Your property is peanuts for him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register