LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A. W. K.   03 April 2019

Clause in NOC stating "Indemnify, keep indemnified..."

Hi. I am expected to give an NOC soon to my maternal uncle claiming 'no rights' in a pagdi property building, of which my uncle is the landlord as per family oral settlement between him and his sibblings (including my deceased mother). My uncle has put in a clause in this NOC for us to agree on, which states : "We say and declare that we undertake to sign necessary application, petition to be filed for Letter of Administration or Succession Certificate for the transfer of the said property namely ____ Building in the name of ____. We say and declare that we hereby indemnify, keep indemnified the concerned landlord and/ or any other authorities from any loss, damage, litigation, adverse claim etc. if any arises out of the said transfer in future." My query is, does "Indemnify and keep indemnified" in this clause mean that i am expected to pay dues/fines/penalties or any financial transaction of administration charges for the building transfer, or if the building faces any legal matter in the future, whether with the govt authorities or building collapse, would i be dragged into the issue? Please reply soon, as i have few days to sign the NOC and I want to be sure about all the possible consequences or outcomes. Thanks. A. W. Khan. Mumbai.

Learning

5 Replies

Nikita Parekh   03 April 2019

share your concern on advocatemorzaria@gmail.com

A. W. K.   04 April 2019

Hi. I would only like to know the consequences or repercussions on signing with indemnity clause, as narrated by me in my query above. Thx.

A. W. K.   09 April 2019

Hi. I would want to ascertain if the indemnity clause (as excerpted in my initial query above) in the NOC, is to be treated as a regular clause and that i should stop worrying of any consequences that i doubt may arise in the future. I would request the esteemed readers/responders from the Law fraternity for their invaluable advice on the matter, please. Thanks. A. W. Khan.

A. W. K.   10 April 2019

Hi. Your advice please.

A. W. K.   25 April 2019

Hi. Advice required on indemnity clause please. Thx.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register