Need ownership of gram panchayat land

Hello Sir/Madam, I am from dehardun, uttarakhand currently living in rural area which comes under gram panchayat (will be coming under Nagar Nigam after 3 months). We build our house here in 1996 when uttarakhand was part of Uttar pradesh.

At that time we build house on the verbal communication between my father and Pradhan of village that patta paper will be alloted with some time period and they took some amount regarding that, but time passes and we didn't get any paper or proof against that land. Also meanwhile as our family needs increases we did more construction of house and we are living here from 1998.

Now we are afraid of been any of action which can be taken against us from government though we didn't received any notice it is just our thoughts as we need secure future. whatever we earned we invested in our home to construct and to providing living facilities. We have bills of Electricity,water etc of last 15 years.


Please let us know way to get some legal ownership over land or some type of alternative so that we can feel safe.  


Thanks in Advance



generally land im india is of 2 types...

1-gauchar(for cattle)
2-government unused land (sarkari padtar)

gauchar land are not given to anybody because it is prohibited by Supreme Court in 2011

government unused land can be given by government if you comes under rules and regulation for this purpose...

just contact your tahesil Revenue office

Thank you Sir for Reply

I have checked govt records for the Khasra number on which we are living right now, it is mentioned under बंजर भूमि.

As per my research, now land पट्टा is not more given to anybody.

Now, our area is come under 
Nagar Nigam. What we should do now please suggest







Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu