LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subrata   12 September 2017

Manager not relieving

Hi, i have resigned on 28 aug 2017. I am ready to serve 90days notice period also.but after couple of meetings and discussion my manager sent mail on 08 sept 2017 stating that my resignation is not accepted because of business unit planning considering my role for FY 2017-18. I want to join new employer for my growth in career. Manager firmly told he's not gonna give relieving letter if i leave. Please suggest how can i proceed?? Please awaiting healthy suggestions...

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

If you serve 90 days notice which is in accordance to the terms and conditions as specified in your appointment letter then there is no force in the world who can stop you and you are bound to get releiving letter and F&F settelement as well. 

Your manager is playing psychological games and technically and legally he cannot stop you from persuing other options. 

Relax. Do maintain all email communications as records.

Subrata   13 September 2017

Thanks for your reply Rajesh. I am workiing in an IT firm. If I will take legal action then will it mark anything bad on paper??

(Guest)

Hi Subrata, Evan I am from IT !!!!!!

No need to go legal. Tell him that if he does not releive on the LWD then you may have to resort to Labour court. Bring this into notice of HR Deptt. Record all emails as evidence. 

Even after all this if they really dont releive you on the LWD approach the labour court

Subrata   13 September 2017

Hi rajesh....thanx for the suggestion.just am planning to draft below mail to my manager.please suggest with some changes in words. "Dear sir, As the new opportunity is providing me more better scope for career growth and even scope to do higher studies,i have made my descision final to move from this company. I agree to serve 90days notice period(as mentioned legally in appraisal letter 2017-2018) w.e.f from 28th august 2017. I am willing to help in any possible way with the transit or even assist to recruit/train my replacement. I cannot miss this opportunity by any means. I request you to kindly provide me my LWD ,as this is my legal right to resign and get relieved."

Subrata   15 September 2017

I have a query. As i have resigned and asking for relieving in terms of legal action. Then what if they will terminate from service???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register