LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajendran (Consultant)     01 July 2017

Leave and licence agreement

I AM FROM CHENNAI, I WOULD DOWNLOAD LEAVE AND LICENCE AGREEMENT AND RENT MY PREMISES. WHERE CAN i DOWNLOAD THE COPY?. WHAT ARE THE PRO'S AND CON'S OF LEAVE AND LICENCE AGREEMENT?. KINDLY EXPLAIN ME IN DETAIL?.

Learning

2 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     03 July 2017

Hi! Here's a sample of a Leave and Licence agreement. I'd however suggest that you get in touch with a local advocate so he/she can help you draw up/fill the documents properly in line with the state regulations (that is if there are any.)

Indeed, in my opinion, a Leave and Licence agreement is the better option to apply for in case someone wants to rent any of their premises, since, as compared to giving the plot on lease, the tenants in the former case, (meaning as licensees,) would be entitled to fewer rights.

For instance, in a lease agreement, the tenants can occupy the premises for a longer period (for consecutive years or so.) However, in a licence agreement, the terms have to be renewed on regular basis. (Landlords in most cases make the agreement renewable after 11 months.) Moreover, the landlord (licensor) can have the tenant (licensee) removed upon minimum notice.

Hope this helps!

Rajendran (Consultant)     03 July 2017

Thank you. What Control does a landlord have apart from ordinary lease / Rental Agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register