Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

joe (Dr)     12 August 2015

Corruption and custody

I have always wondered about this question, hence I ask:

If a person is charged with Corruption (say, while in elected office) what criteria, if any, would he be remanded into custoty for?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2015

To avoid tampering of records, influencing witness and bringing pressures till a logical conclusion with evidences are placed.  (That may be the only case, where he was caught redhanded, while there may be some cases which he resorted to corruption in the past, that can be investigated only after thorough scrutinisation of the records.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2015

To avoid tampering of records, influencing witness and bringing pressures till a logical conclusion with evidences are placed.  (That may be the only case, where he was caught redhanded, while there may be some cases which he resorted to corruption in the past, that can be investigated only after thorough scrutinisation of the records.

joe (Dr)     13 August 2015

Thank you for that answer. It makes good sense. I wonder though IF the same could not be done via Mobile phones.

So, is the purpose to embarrass one's political opponent?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2015

an influential person will be covered by the shield in the name of the same influence from being remanded or arrested without any proper evidence or proof, so substantial proof would be required to remand him on corruption charges, even then they may have a royal life inside the  prison.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register