LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harini (Project Associate)     11 June 2014

Resignation not accepted

I have submitted my resignation letter in my company. first they agreed when i discussed with my director and group head, but when i tried to give the letter they dint accept it, after constant persistance  my head took it in which i specified the date of my resignation and reliving date which is of one month notice period(2nd june to 2nd july). They still dint sign it or process it, they have to send it to the headquarters which they still dint start. My problem is before me two other persons have given the resignation and they finished they notice period but still they are not relived. So if same happens with me what actions can i take. I dont have any proof with me like mail or any other thing which says that i have resigned except the letter i have given him.

Please suggest me something thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 June 2014

>>> What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?

The registration certificate is displayed near entrance or you may find out yourself.

You are located in which state?

Redg. office of the company is located in which state?

How many employees are employed in it?

What is line of business of the company e.g. IT, banking etc…………?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

Are you a member of Employees Unions?

>>> You may write to the Group Head, Director (with a copy to good offices of appointing authority, MD, Chairman, and Head-HR) that you had met them in person in office to  submit by hand,   your  notice of resignation dated…………………………with notice period of ………………………….days stated in it in line with clause number…………………………of appointment letter dated………………………issued to you, on dated……………………………in office, and the notice of resignation was seen by them and matter was discussed………………………..and on dated……………………..they have accepted the notice of resignation in original from you.

The same was to be forwarded to ………………….HO and the copy of the communication vide which  this has been sent be supplied to you and you should be appraised to whom you should handover the charge within and upto the expiry of notice period tendered by you…………..

If they do not reply:

You may submit copy of the resignation to good offices of appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR…………………………….attach copy of notice of resignation submitted by you, and point out that it has been routed thru …………………………….. you have tendered 30 days notice period vide notice of resignation dated…………………………..NO tasks are pending at your end as on date…………………………….and routine duties be assigned to you that can be completed on day to day basis within and up to dated………………………..i.e. expiry of 30 days of notice period……………………and all arrangements be made to complete the exit formalities/KT etc within and upto expiry of notice period tendered by you and to whom you should handover the charge within and upto expiry of notice period i.e dated……………………………

During this period you should successfully build written record with a copy to you and under proper acknowledgment and keep in touch with elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, and preferably a competent and experienced Labor Consultant/Service Lawyer…………………………and proceed under their wise counsel and advise.

Resignation is personal mater and communications should be preferably sent by letter thru redg. post and can also be sent from personal email id…………………………followed by letter thru redg. post…………………

You may go thru another similar thread and you would know the points to cover……………….

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Employer-not-giving-relieving-letter-476871.asp#.U5fzBHKSwb8

Download all relevant policies, communications, mails etc as they may block it anytime.

Harini (Project Associate)     16 June 2014

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

>>> What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial, Small Enterprise?

The registration certificate is displayed near entrance or you may find out yourself.

You are located in which state?

Redg. office of the company is located in which state?

How many employees are employed in it?

What is line of business of the company e.g. IT, banking etc…………?

What is your designation and nature of duties?

Are you a member of Employees Unions?

>>> You may write to the Group Head, Director (with a copy to good offices of appointing authority, MD, Chairman, and Head-HR) that you had met them in person in office to  submit by hand,   your  notice of resignation dated…………………………with notice period of ………………………….days stated in it in line with clause number…………………………of appointment letter dated………………………issued to you, on dated……………………………in office, and the notice of resignation was seen by them and matter was discussed………………………..and on dated……………………..they have accepted the notice of resignation in original from you.

The same was to be forwarded to ………………….HO and the copy of the communication vide which  this has been sent be supplied to you and you should be appraised to whom you should handover the charge within and upto the expiry of notice period tendered by you…………..

If they do not reply:

You may submit copy of the resignation to good offices of appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR…………………………….attach copy of notice of resignation submitted by you, and point out that it has been routed thru …………………………….. you have tendered 30 days notice period vide notice of resignation dated…………………………..NO tasks are pending at your end as on date…………………………….and routine duties be assigned to you that can be completed on day to day basis within and up to dated………………………..i.e. expiry of 30 days of notice period……………………and all arrangements be made to complete the exit formalities/KT etc within and upto expiry of notice period tendered by you and to whom you should handover the charge within and upto expiry of notice period i.e dated……………………………

During this period you should successfully build written record with a copy to you and under proper acknowledgment and keep in touch with elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, and preferably a competent and experienced Labor Consultant/Service Lawyer…………………………and proceed under their wise counsel and advise.

Resignation is personal mater and communications should be preferably sent by letter thru redg. post and can also be sent from personal email id…………………………followed by letter thru redg. post…………………

You may go thru another similar thread and you would know the points to cover……………….

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Employer-not-giving-relieving-letter-476871.asp#.U5fzBHKSwb8

Download all relevant policies, communications, mails etc as they may block it anytime.

Sir i am working in an central government organisation which comes under department of electronics and information technology. i am a contract employee of 2 years with a consolidated pay. my organisation has branches all over india but i am presently working in chennai. i am a technical staff.I has hardly of 18-20 employees.

I have given to my head resignation letter on 2 june but i dont have any proof of his acceptance. I dint send any email or so. when i said i will send an email he denied saying not to send. He has to send it to HQ till date he has not started to process it. Now if he denys saying i dint give any letter what action should i take. Even if he starts processing now and dosent relive me on time what should i do.

Thank you

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 June 2014

Arrange a meeting with him narrate the whole matter and record this meeting (audio/visual)  and keep some witness e.g. employee’s union leader, colleague etc…………….Let him state whatever he wants.

Submit minutes of meeting by a  letter addressed to  him and ask him ……………………..why he has not forwarded your resignation/processed it …………………..or whatever was his response in meeting  attach a copy of the resignation submitted by you.

You can also submit copy of the resignation to appointing authority and mention in covering letter that you have handed over the original to Mr/Ms…………………..designation…………….address………………..on dated, and your notice period of…………………days has started on dated………………….. and shall end on dated…………………..

Be careful to submit all communications under proper acknowledgment.

Seek help from elders in the family, union leaders, and most importantly your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register