Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajeev Kumar (Professioanl Social worker)     29 July 2010

derogatory remarks on caste in interview

Dear All

my friend appeared in walk in interview which was conducted in central govt department for some  contractual posts. the advertised position was not reserved . it was open. My freind belongs to SC category. but he did not mention his category, as postion was not for reserved category.

in the interview. the chairperson pressurised my freind to disclose his caste rather than category. my friend insisted on general category. the chairperson was familiar with my friend .  he made mockery on his caste and passed some derogatory remarks.

My freind felt himself very humiliated. he was not selected for applied position. although he was well qaulified.

here the issue is not for his selection / non-selection. My freind doesn't have any evidence to prove the caste based humiliation in the interview board.

here you all are requested to guide me as how my freind can take action against those who humiliated him.

what are legal remedy for that ?

kindly guide me

regards

Rajeev

Learning

1 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 July 2010

Dear Rajeev Kumar,

in SC and ST Act or under IPC section burden is on the accused to prove his innocence, so you can file a complaint. And now a days mostly government interviews are conducted before camera for record purpose and  for transperacy so you can file complaint

regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register