LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DrishyamDrishti (NA)     29 December 2021

Denied issue of relieving letter

I work in a government organisation. I went to submit my application for resignation but my boss who is angry with me, refused to take the application and asked to bring it, written in an affidavit. What should I do ?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 December 2021

why resignation ? Govt. job provides stability (which is missing in private sector). It also provides work life balance and good pay.

Anaita Vas   31 December 2021

They can ignore it all they want until the day you are not there. That will get their attention!

I assume you gave them a last day based on your new starting date (by the way, it’s bad form to show up late to a new job, but acceptable to not show up to a job you just quit).

That‘s the point: Your resignation letter was written notice. They can’t play “selective amnesia” with written notice (my point to all readers is make sure it is in writing).

Now, if you think they are sitting on it, just email everyone in their entire chain and remind them of your last day.

Then show up to HR (or whatever passes for HR) near the final day to “out process’ (or whatever passes for that). You may need to resolve any unused PTO (sick day and vacation).

• If it’s an office job, write a nice pass-on to your boss.

But let me repeat for emphasis, your last day is your last day. You’re not quitting to make them happy — you found a better job to make you happy.

Edit: Ignoring it also implies they didn’t make a counter offer. They apparently don’t want you to leave, and figure if they ignore the problem it will go away. That might be a clue why you are leaving in the first place.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 January 2023

Is your boss appointing authroity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register