LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (consultant)     19 March 2018

Delayed possession of a flat


I have booked a Apartment in Bangalore in the year 2013 April 2013.  As per the agreement the posession date is 30 Dec 2014.   

Total 5 Blocks with 13 floors in each block.

But till now I have not got the posession.  I have registered the property in April 2016.  In December 2017, the builder promised that they will hand over the flats on or before 31st March 2018.  But currently there is no work is in progress to complete it on time. We are hearing that the builder is not having enough funds to complete and handover.   

Since almost 80-85% of work has been cocmpleted for the Blocks B and C and we have promised that these 2 blocks will be handed over to the customers before 31st March 2018 and rest of the other blocks by Max December 2018.  

Right now we dont know whether to go legal or wait for the builder to complete the project by arranging funds (which he is currently planning). 

Please advise us what needs to be done.



 3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     19 March 2018

approach consumer forum/State Commission against the builder for deficiency of service.

1 Like

Rajesh (consultant)     19 March 2018

Thanks Sir for your feedback.  What is the chances of builder announcing himself as insolvant and what is the process if he says so.

To file a case in consumer forum what is the process.



Adv. SIddharth Jain (Advocate )     19 March 2018

You'll need to get the petition drafted by an experienced advocate and file it in consumer forum/ state commission/ National Commision.
For further queries, feel free to contact at

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query