LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay (MANAGING PARTNER)     06 June 2010

defation cases sec 499

hi! i have purchased a property from one mr.x in the year 1999 by way of a sale deed registered in the dist registrar office, but in the year 2009 the said mr.x filled a police pettition against me stating false alligations like he had borrowed money from me and given this property as security and things like that but after inquiry i was let to go, but again the same mr.x has filled complaint against me with the same resons, can i file a deffamation case against him ? wht are the documentry evidance required to prove the defamation. these repeated explanations at police stations is really defaming me.  please suggest if any other way or case against mr.x.

Learning

2 Replies

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     06 June 2010

There seems to be some truth in the complaint against you since you were only let go ; the complaint was not dismissed.

In defamation case which you intend to file if the opponent is able so show even some evidence against you that it was not sale deed in reality but given to you as security than you have to face the music of criminal action.

ajay (MANAGING PARTNER)     06 June 2010

let me correct, the pettitions were dismissed twice earlier also, let go meant dismissed. and this is the third time he is filling an pettion. 

what would be the best way to go against in the criminal law if not defamation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register