LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SE)     30 September 2013

Defamation cases information


i am facing 498A From last 6 year. In police FIR we were 6 people. During enquiry  3 name cut from the list.

After 2 year my in laws file some application to add these 3 name or summon these 3 pople but the court rejected that application.

498A case is on evidence stage


Now I just want to know can these 3 can file defamation case.


 1 Replies

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     30 September 2013

Dear Sir,

        Yes these 3 can file a case of Defamation case, but they need to prove in court that the defendant said or wrote the statements against them; the statements are not true; the statements caused harm to them, by damaging their reputation; other people heard or read the statements made against them.

  • Make copies of the statements made against them and collect proof that the defendant is the one who made the statements.
  • Gather documentation of the harm they have suffered -- this includes proof of how people treat them and harm to their business.
  • Obtain written statements of witnesses (third parties) who either heard or read the defamatory statements made by the defendant.

                For more query contact us

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads