LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dvc498avictim (Otherd)     17 November 2015

Defamation case against cruel wife

Hello Experts,


My wife went to PS in Dec 2013 in local PS to file flase 498a complaint on petty issues between us by listening to her parents and tried to make me slave of her and her family. I thaught its the end of relationship as she has made family matter as legal matter and I can't stay with her anymore, so I filed Divorce on mental cruelty in Mar 2014 after big Drama and mental harassment from her staying all those months with her since the day of filing false Complaint in CAW.

I have withdrawn my Divorce OP case in Sept. 2015 after knowing that my Wife RCR has been allowed in her Hometown. Still 498a and DVC cases are pending in her hometown and we applied for quash petition and got stay on both the cases and now stay got expired and her 498a/DVC cases are going as usual.


Now my wife has come up for mutual divorce for Rs.4 Lakhs as permanent alimony amount and soon we are going to file MCD once 498a and DVC is quashed in HC. We have decided to give her Rs. 3L after 498a  and DVC are quashed and rest amount 1 L is payed once MCD is allowed after 6 months.


Now after the Quash, I want to file defamation case as I have proof of duely stamped and signed 498a letter given by her hometown Police to my HR admin to arrest me from office. Due to her I lost my job and went into mental trauma for many months and recovered slowly. I want to make her taste her own venom by filing defamation case. My intention is to show her what happens if she files false cases and troubles people un necessarily and atleast not to file again to whom she is going to marry someone.


Respected Sir's, Please suggest me if I can file defamation case on the proof mentioned and if the case is allowed what reliefs I will get if I win the case?


best regards,


 3 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     17 November 2015

yes u may move for defamation file a complaint unser section 200 crpc

Thanks & regards,

Nitish Banka



Dvc498avictim (Otherd)     17 November 2015

Thanks Much Nitish...

What releifs I can ask in my petition for Defamation...


Thanks & Regards,





First bother about the pending 498A and  DVC and after favourable conclusion think about defamation etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query