LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sundram   24 May 2020

Deed of settlement

Hello all, i am sundram living in kerala. my father had a property in Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu), he had given me that property this year, by making an unconditional "Deed of Settlement" and he went with me to the registrar and with the presence of two witness. I have seen so many forums regarding "Deed of Settlement". but i did not found the answer of my question as follows. INFO: He made an unconditional "Deed of Settlement" in which he had clearly mentioned that ((" In pursuance of the above and in consideration of natural love and affection settlor had and bears for his son, the Settlee , doth hereby and hereby grants, conveys, transfers, assigns and assures unto and to the use of the settlee and settle his property which is described here under in schedule below, to have and to hold the same and for the use and benefit of the settlee absolutely for ever. The Settlor has this day delivered possession of this property to the settlee and the settlee acknowledges the same. Hereafter the settlor or any person claiming thought him have no right or interest , tittle over the said property. The Settlor affirms that he shall not cancel or modify the settlement in future and if he does so it will not be valid")) 1. Please tell me can he still cancel this "Unconditional Deed of Settlement" because he has clearly mentioned in that ((The Settlor affirms that he shall not cancel or modify the settlement in future and if he does so it will not be valid)) 2. If he can still cancel then my Consent or presence is necessary or not . More Info: he has given Fringprints , Signed and Taken photographs in the Registrar's Office with the presence of two witness. please reply thanks

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     24 May 2020

If the settlor cancels the deed is not valid. Even though the settlor cancels the deed, the settlee shall move to court.

1 Like

Sundram   25 May 2020

Thanks for the reply sir , but sorry i reques  you to can you plrease breifly describe it that what do you want to say . i am sorry i request you to please breifly explain your answer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register