LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NSV (S)     11 March 2011

Deed of Gift

My query is related to'Deed of Gift' of a 'Private Devsthan (Temple)' [which is not a trust] between it's shareholder (by court Partition decree) means DONOR to a well-known trust (DONEE):

My family has all the rights of this temple. 80% rights are with my father & remaining 20% with cousin brothers. This division of rights about property (including our temple) have been decided by court (we have Partition Decree). My father wish to "Gift" his 80% rights to a well-known trust for looking after the temple. The 20% owners do not wish to make gift of their share. So as it is a devided property, is it possible for my fater to gift his 80% share?

what are the laws related to make Gift of one's share from such devided property?

what is the procedure for gift deed?

Is it necessary to give 'public notice'(Jaahir Notice) in local newspaper before doing gift deed of such a private property? If we do not give such a notice, what are future problems?

Waiting for expert opinion from all of you.

Thanking you all in advance.



Learning

 1 Replies

K S Narayana Rao (District Registrar)     11 March 2011

It can be registered in your local Sub registrar Officer as a settlement deed for any charitable trust.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Related Threads


Loading