LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavas Bhatia   04 July 2024

Dda gift deed issue

My father had purchased a DDA property on GPA/SPA from an original allottee. He also subsequently converted it to freehold. To save double registration, he recently executed and registered a gift deed in my name directly from his SPA. I am concerned if I would be able to sell this property in future? How can this paperwork lacuna be corrected?


 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2024

Whether the principal who gave GPA to your father was alive at the time when your father transferred this property to your name by a registered gift deed? Whether there was a recital in the GPA deed authorizing the power agent to transfer the property by gift deed to a third party? If yes is the answer for both the above questions then you can ask the principal to execute a ratification deed to ratify this transaction which will allow you to enjoy the property with clear and marketable title.

Pavas Bhatia   05 July 2024

The GPA did have a recital for selling/renting the property but did not have one for gifting. The GPA/SPA was executed in 1998 so I am not sure if we have the contact of the Principal currently. What are the legal options for us?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2024

In that case the transfer by gift deed can be considered as an invalid transaction.

Pavas Bhatia   05 July 2024

Understood. What is the procedure to correct this because the registration has already been executed

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 July 2024

The principal has to ratify this transaction by executing a ratification deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register