Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daughter's right in father's self acquired property

Page no : 2

विष्णु कुमार शर्मा   29 August 2017

You can file a suit for maintenance against your husband.

(Guest)

Respected Sir,

Actually I was literally deprived of everything..full stomach food, a sound 6 hour sleep, education etc. etc. even before marriage and after marriage as well.  All this was due to my mother and my father couldn't do anything. In addition she forcibly married me to a man almost 12 years older to me when I was just 19. She forced me to conceive and torchered me whole of my life. It was only after her death that I could study with little help from neighbours and by the grace of GOD. But constant physical torcher and abuses from husband never let me focus on my carrer. I was beaten up, forced to do every work in the house and barely got time to sleep. I even committed suicide twice but was saved. After years of struggling, mental and physical harassment and torcher I finally decided to separate. Now the big question is where will I live after divorce with my younger kid who is autistic? Therefore, I wish to claim in father's property.

I am referring to the amendment in property act that probably came 3-4 years back where the daughter is eligible for a fair share in property only if she doesn't have a house to live in. I am not aware of the exact law as I heard this in the news only.

Thanks

Shraddha

(Guest)

Hello everyone for your help.

My query still remains the same. Can I claim my right in my father's property as I do not have a house to live in. In order to come out of the forced, troubled and painful marriage I first need to secure myself my having a permanent accomodation to live. I have an autistic child too to take care of.

I am not aware of the law but I guess this amendment came in 2013 or 2014 and the clause here is "MARRIED DAUGHTER CAN CLAIM IN FATHER'S PROPERTY ONLY IF SHE DOESN'T HAVE A HOUSE TO LIVE".

Kindly help me.

Regards

Shraddha

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2017

Pls post the link at which you read;""MARRIED DAUGHTER CAN CLAIM IN FATHER'S PROPERTY ONLY IF SHE DOESN'T HAVE A HOUSE TO LIVE".

Or attach in  the thread........

(Guest)
Sir My husband does not have an ancestral property now. He has already sold.

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

(Guest)

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 September 2017

The clear answer is no. Your father has the right to transfer his self acquired property to anyone and by transferring to his son he has excercised that right. You of course are entitled for maintenance from husband.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register