Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surjeetsinghs (Artist)     28 August 2012

Daughter rights

Hello 

My in-laws are not at all taking care of my wife, at least when she was carrying for the first time. After five glorious years of our marriage, now my wife told me about her mother and brothers instincts, the very next day of our marriage her mother called her to home and warned my wife not to ask and not to interfere  in her and sons property share. In fact behaved as if she is not her blood, she only believes and happy with her four sons, my wife’s father passed away; long back in the year1998 and her grandmother too a little later. All the property belongs to her father and grandmother. my wife’s Grand mother had kept a single bed room flat of two rooms as a gift for my wife as she served her when she was on bed counting her last days, and that to after one year of our marriage they handed the registered documents of the single bed room flat to my wife when I pressured her to ask them.

Even when my wife go for Raksha Bhandan all the four brothers would give her not more that hundred rupees , and her family income for month would count around three lakhs  she feels bad as she is the only one girl in her family and compares herself, as I give lots of gifts to my sister. Now she is frustrated and since more than one year she is not at all visiting her mother’s house, imagining that someone would call her, but none of them cared her. Now she wants to have her share from her father and grandmothers property

Can she go for that

She no more believes in her family,as they are not at all caring  her not even her own mother,  what she shall do now to acquire her father and grandmother property share still its undivided.

Thanks

Surjeeth 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 August 2012

Your wife is entitled to the same share in all undivided properties as her brothers, if she is being denied that right, she can file a suit for partition asking her share to be culled out. The Gift Deed in her favour stands absolutely in her favour. She should also seek an interim stay on the properties in order to pre-empt & prevent a wrongful sale meant to defeat her rights.

surjeetsinghs (Artist)     30 August 2012

Thanks alot sir, wanted to know one more thing,to sue a gainst property do we have to pay any fee to court on the valuation of property or what  about if we are not in such a condition , I mean cannot afford heavy expences ( property rough valuation would be around 5 crores)

surjeetsinghs (Artist)     04 September 2012

Dear Sir 

Am waiting for your reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register