Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRADEEP KUMAR (ALONE)     14 April 2023

Dampness in property due to neighbour

Hello Everyone,

I have a builder floor in Shastri Nagar, Delhi and I am also living in the same floor. That from last year there is some dampness started in my bathroom due to floor above my floor, now the dampness is all over in my bathroom. The above floor is on rent and I have contacted the tenant for dampness but he said that there is no leakage from our side.

What action can I take against the floor owner for damaging my property, but the problem is that the I do not know where is floor owner actually residing, I have only mobile number of him. Now, if the floor owner will not got physical legal notice, is still any legal action I will take against him.

Please suggest me and oblige.

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 April 2023

jeven for issuing the Legal notice you need the name and Address, get the address of owner and first issue Legal notice. You can sue for damages later.

You can send notice also on his watsup.

Thanks for your reply

What if he not responde to whatsapp notice, can we issue legal notice on the property which he has given on rent.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2023

You give a complaint to the society about this persisting problem and request them to inform the owner to take notice of the same and get it rectified or else to bear the expenses for the repair work that wil be undertaken by you in this regard.

The tenant should have the address of the owner hence you can inform the tenant about it and ask him to contact the owner and get the issue rectified.

Alternately you can get an engineer inpsected the issue and obtain his reports for taking further action in this regard

Sir, Its a private building floor not a scoeity and the tenant also do not know owner's home address.

Siddhi   19 April 2023

If accommodation is in CHS you can lodge written complaint with MC. If it fails complaint to MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register