New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AKS MAT (AO)     02 July 2010

CRPC 125

I am respondent in CrPC 125 . The court has fixed next date for evidence of Petitioner . Please inform :--

  1. At what stage I should apply to the court for summoning certain officials as witnesses I desire to examine ( other than my own witnesses ) .
  2. I want to cross examine my wife with support of some documents . Can I produce these documents before the court while cross examining her  ?


 5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 July 2010

1. When  your wife's turn for evidence is over., and you have to produce evidence.

2- Yes.

1 Like

AKS MAT (AO)     02 July 2010

thanks Arvind ji .

How do I submit such documents at cross-examination to the court so that these become part of the record ? Is there any specified proforma for it ? If yes , what is the form of ssuch proforma ?

I had attached salary certificate ( self-verified )  of my wife with my written statement  .  When do I submit the original salary certificate before the court ? 

Similarly I wish to place my Income Tax Return before the court , when do I place that before the court ?

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     02 July 2010

You can submit it during cross examination, with a list of document or at the time of your evidence.

It is to be noted that if the document is not a public document, you would have to call in evidence the person who issued this document, to prove it's gnuineness.

1 Like


Please attach the adocuments along with a list and present it under s.294 of Cr.P.C. for admission/denial by the prosecution.  If the prosecution admits the documents you dont need to do anything further but if the prosecution denies the documents, you will have to prove it.

1 Like

AKS MAT (AO)     03 July 2010

dear Arvind ji and Menon Sahib ,

Please accept my gratitude for the help extended in answering my queries .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register