Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manju   18 July 2021

Criminal Behavior of legal heirs

Hi, could you please help me for one query.
We have purchased 3 cents of house site with specific boundaries from one person (let's say X ) in 1960 through registered sale deed. Now, X legal heirs objecting to do anything in it and we are lack of man power to stop them. In the sale deed, X clearly mentioned "he was selling the land for their family expenses and his legal heirs don't have any right over it." but, still they are objecting by coming with gangs to surrender it to other person.
Is this attitude comes under criminal behavior and can we file criminal suit along with civil suit?


 3 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     19 July 2021

you can very well file a criminal complaint with the police station which has the jurisdiction  over that place. put charges of extortion, trespass etc. a civil case is not at all required and i would strongly advice you against filing a civil suit in the matter.   

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2021

The LRs of vendor (presumed X in the instant post) who have stated to have sold property in 1960 have no (NO) right, interest, claim or title. 

You may proceed in civil as well as criminal case against such persons.

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 July 2021

"Now, X legal heirs objecting to do anything in it and we are lack of man power to stop them." What is it that they are proposing to do  and how they are objecting? 

Anyhow, who is in possession/occupation of the property? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query