Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Submiter19 (IT)     04 December 2012

Court marriage

Peace,

I need help, i need to know the process , documentation and suggestions for court marriage

my fiancé is coming from USA coming on 18th dec she is from Christian background and i am muslim.

Thank you all :)

mazhar

Learning

3 Replies

**Victim** (job)     04 December 2012

Before i answer ur question, may i know if you are planning to join your fiancee in United States or is she going to stay with you in india ?

There are two ways you can get this done either get married in court in india and then ask ur wife to file spouse petition for you,

Or

Get engaged in india take some pictures to make it look like a engagement and then ask ur wife to file fiancee visa for you. Once ur wife files fiancee visa you will get 30 days of temporary stay in U.S. which will allow you to get ur marriage registered in U.S. court and then your wife can extend ur stay filing ur green card after that.

No matter how you marry - your wife will have control on you for 3 years. If situation changes then she can get ur green card cancelled and send u back to india. So for 3 years just behave----------- I wish u best of luck.

Go to www.uscis.gov and you will get all necessay information for filling as well as how to get married and what will be the procedure after that.........

Thank you so much "**Victim**" for the quick reply :)

Yes she is coming here on tourist visa , she will staying here for 4 months

She will not stay here permanently I have to move USA after a year may be God willing.

So back to my question how do I go about marriage court

Thank you so much again J

You are one of those lucky people who ended up in Lawyers Club India before marriage. If you ask someone like me then i would never suggest anyone to get married according to indian law. But this would be a judgement call from your side, it seems yours marriage in india would be according to special marriage act petition in india. 

But if you plan to get married in U.S. then it's a simple format you just walk in to any american local court and feel up the necessary paperwork and you will be declared married thereafter.

Thank you so much "**Victim**" for the quick reply :)

Yes she is coming here on tourist visa , she will staying here for 4 months

She will not stay here permanently I have to move USA after a year may be God willing.

So back to my question how do I go about marriage court

Thank you so much again J

yes it make sense , i wil talk to her and get back to you if i need further help God willing.

Thank you so much :)

God bless you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register