LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hursha (Director)     18 November 2009

Court Jurisdiction for Cases Investigated by CBI

If the CBI is investigating a conventional crime like a supsicious death in Cuddapah, where are they required to register the case and take it to trial, Chennai or Cuddapah ? The Special Crimes Branch of CBI that investigates conventional crimes only has one branch in South India in Chennai.


 9 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     18 November 2009

Trial will be held at the place where offence is committed. CBI is only a investigation agency. Investigation by it will not effect the jurisdiction of the case.



bhupender sharma (head)     19 November 2009

 C.B.I. is the national investigation agency only which is established under the special Act  which is national agency has its own special courts in each state it would not affect the jurisdiction at all. 

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     20 November 2009

can an accused against whom closure having been filed by CBI, appear in the special court to see that injustice is not done by vested intersts against him. If harm has been caused to him, is there any provision left to him under law to reopne the case with his submissions? to get the justice which has been jeopardised by vested (unconnected) interest?

bhupender sharma (head)     20 November 2009

 Dr. Krishan K. Arora u may file a suit for malicious proceedings against the CBI, for seeking the damages caused to u in the civil court. 

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     20 November 2009

Can any one help preparing the case?

krishan k arora

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     22 November 2009

My question was that can a person appear in a criminal case where CBI files closure report and file his objection to closure? Actually it has been done and the special judge has ordered re-investigation by CBI. Was it advisable for accused to have opposed the opposition to closure, without having been summoned? If yes, is it now possible say after 2 months to re-open the said case? If so in which court? And is there any one who can prepare the case?

dr krishan k arora


N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     07 December 2009

An accused has no say in the investigation, either it be by CBI or by Police. If the Court doesnot satisfy with the closure report, further investigation can be ordered by the Court. Accused can not oppose it. Accused has no role to play at this stage.

dr krishan k arora (dy.secy)     08 December 2009

Hello Rameshji,

I have seen ur response & thank u for the same. I have posted another query pl advise me on that as well, because the person in question has amassed billions of rupees and gets his work done to his favour by using ill- gotten money by spending a part of it on politicians, judiciary and any other forum wherever it is needed. It is only poor people like us who are befooled and used as scape goats. Other colleagus who would be too happy to help the hapless scape goat, but are afraid to come out openly for fear of their own job. How bets han that person be brought to books.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register