Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Court grants divorce to woman over false bio-data

Court grants divorce to woman over false bio-data

December 25, 2007 New Delhi: Fooled by a man’s impressive bio-data beguiling her to marry him, a woman has obtained divorce from her husband as a court here noted that misrepresentation about age, qualification and salary was a valid ground for separation. Had the facts regarding her husband’s character, age, qualification and salary been disclosed to her before their wedding in 2005, she “certainly” had a reason to deny the man’s marriage proposal, additional district judge Atul Kumar Garg said in a recent order. Holding such a marriage as “voidable” and could be annulled if a fraud was proved by either of the spouses, the court said that in the present case, the woman’s testimony regarding her being deceived by a false bio-data provided sufficient reasons for a divorce. According to the wife, a practising lawyer in Delhi courts, she was forced to leave her home in October, 2005 after knowing that her husband, who works in the ministry of textile, had concealed his correct age, salary and educational qualification. He mentioned his date of birth as October 1970 whereas he was born in 1968. Similarly, he had claimed that he was an MBA, which again was found false by her, the woman alleged. The man also lied about his salary and was indulged in illegal forgery activities too, she had claimed. In his defence, the husband claimed that there were a few typographical errors in his biodata and he had later clarified everything to the girl’s father. The court, however, found his rebuttal unsatisfactory and noted that there was truth in the woman’s allegations and that she had adduced documents in support of her claims. Noting that she had proved her case, the court passed a decree of divorce in her favour. Source :>>

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     03 October 2012

1. Oh, sure.
2. Are same view applicable on Indian Married Men ?

Never-ever; show me one case!

Ranee....... (NA)     03 October 2012

Had the facts regarding her husband’s character, age, qualification and salary 

All four Missiles are due typographical error!!!!

Prajapati, what is the news or new  in the decree?

Amit (NA)     04 October 2012

@Tajobs, I am also fighting an annulment case based on fraud.

I came across few annulment cases but very few filed by husband. Nevertheless, the age/education criteria applies to women too. One example is Mohan Charan Swain.

I also came across cases in some high courts (don't recall the exact case numbers but can dig up) wherein in one case the man was shown one woman during the negotiations but another at the time of marriage. In another case, the wife was elder to husband by 6yrs whereas he was told she's younger by 1ys. In both cases, annulment was granted.

But out of my own interest, I'd like to know few more such annulment cases where woman committed fraud and annulment was granted. If someone is aware of such, please mention them in this thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register