LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veena   28 April 2022

Court fee for partition suit

Hi Experts,

Kindly advise court fee for partition suit if the whole property value is arround 80Lakh and I have to recieve half of the property which the market value is arround 40Lakh.


 8 Replies

shyam lal   28 April 2022

Which part of the world is the property situated?


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 April 2022

Details are not adequate to give precise guidance.  If the possession is within the co-sharer and if the property is undivided in metes and bounds, a normal court fee (Rs.200/ in some states) is sufficient.  one need not separately have possession and enjoyment if any of the co-sharer is in possession, it is deemed that his possession is for him and on behalf of all other co-sharers.  It is not mandatory to share the benefits on the property.

If none of the co-sharer is in possession and if the possession was with a stranger then the market value as per the Registrar certificate, and the proportionate share market value determines the value of the court fee.

please contact a local advocate and first issue notice seeking partition.

1 Like

Veena   29 April 2022

property situated in Bangalore, Karnataka

shyam lal   29 April 2022

Is it advisable to mention present /latest Circle rate or market value for the purpose of fileing a partioned suit?


Shashi Dhara   29 April 2022

In Karnataka it is 200 rs.

Veena   29 April 2022

market value of full site is arround Rs80lakh

Shashi Dhara   29 April 2022

U /s35 of kcfsva if title or possession is denied you have to pay CF according to market value on plantiffs share otherwise  rs,200.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 April 2022

Stamp duty is a State subject, which is not applicable throughout India.

Consult a local lawyer / area sub-registrar or document writer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register