LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hiten   16 July 2015

Court case status

I have purchased a underconstruction property\flat. Now some person has filled a case on that land due which I had stopped all future payments. I had requested builder to provide a indemnify bond and he says that case has been closed. I checked status of case online and it says as below. Please confirm what does this means.

Nature of Disposal: Contested--REJECTED



 1 Replies

Arnab Banerji (Mob:- 92-3001-3001 CIVIL & CRIMINAL ADVOCATE     17 July 2015

You should always do searching of a private property before purchasing it. Whatever the project and where ever the location may be. Builders/Promoters never purchase property to develop. They rely and work on their power of attorney. Power of attorney needs to be registered in the office of register of assurances. Sometimes they even don't register that too. Rather they notarize the power of attorney. The person who empowers them with as to act duly attorney on behalf of them is in complete right to revoke it at any moment he wishes. So power of attorney is like a toy in a childs hand if the mother sees that the child will damage the toy she takes it back in order to give it later at some time when it can be handled properly. That is the reason searching of property is necessary. In your case you have to do the searching of this property now and as well as regarding the case go to the court directly where it is been filed. Apply and collect a certified copy of the entire suit. Then you will be able to understand what is the position of this case and the details of this land too. Rather clinging to computers, walk into the court would help to solve your anxiety. Your property costs your hard earned money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query