LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijayakumar Vj   09 February 2020

Corpus fund for flats in apartments.

Namaskara. I am vijaya Kumar, sr citizen, from Mysore. I am owning a flat with 671 sq ft area in Bangalore. There are 78 flats, with different sizes ranging from 631 sq ft to1300 sq ft. Only 12 single bed room flats are there. I am paying maintainence charges based on sq ft we own. Now the Association is demanding Rs 50,000 corpus fund in 3 instalments uniformly, ie Rs 50,000 for all the flats irrespective of size of Flat. I am opposing it  and asking them to charage on sq ft Basis. I have paid Rs 10,000/- out of Rs 20,000/- demanded as Ist instalment. Now the Association is threatening to stop water and electricity to the aparment if I donot pay the Balance amount. Also whenever a prospective Tenent visits the flat ( now it is vacant) they are telling them to pay corpus fund to them directly and take the flat otherwise Water and electricity will be stopped. Please Guide me.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 February 2020

If there is such clause regarding paying of corpus fund in the Byelaws, you have to pay it.  Otherwise compalin against the society to the Dy.Registrar of Cooperative societies of your District.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 February 2020

Dear querist,

As you are not satisfy with the resolution of association for collecting uniform corpus fund so you have to challenge it. 

Regards,

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 February 2020

1. It would be a Prosecutable Penal Offence, on part of Associaiton to discontinue Water /Electricity supplies.  This has been upheld by several HC judgments. For recovery of amount, Association has to file "Recovery suit" in the local Civil Court.

2. IF Association is indulging in unfair trade practices, nuisance, harassment, intimidations etc....,  THEN file a grievance petition before the local Consumer Court, and seek damages & compensation for the mental & physical trauma that is being undergone.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More