Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S B Mumbai (Student)     01 June 2016

Copy of case diary of police under RTI

Dear Experts,

Can the police investigating officer refuse to give a copy of the case diary after the charge sheet has been fined in 498a / 506 case?

Are there any CIC orders / judgements on the above?

Thanks & regards

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Useually they r not giving and better go for appeal directly to state commission.police r saying some crpc.Just apply to state commission
1 Like

(Guest)
Other option after cc no ,u can take from court
1 Like

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     01 June 2016

no you can not have charge-sheet through RTI it is statory duty of IO to deposit charge-sheet only before trial court

Thank you

1 Like

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     01 June 2016

Repeated query

Pawan S (Advocate)     01 June 2016

1. Accuse will get a summons and the copy of the charge sheet free of cost.

2. Apart from that one can apply for the certified copy from the court.

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     27 July 2016

Case dairies are not the documents which can be accessed by public. Information under RTI menns, the copies of documents which can be had under any other exisiting law. The court can only go through the CD.

kalyan singh Ex public Prosecu (advocate)     17 September 2016

you can not take the copy of police diary 

Pawan S (Advocate)     19 September 2016

You cannot get the copy of case diary since it is a privileged document under Section 172 of Cr.P.C.

But, you are entitled to get copies of the supplementary statements of the witnesses recorded under Section 161 of Cr.P.C.

At that time bail, Police will produce the copy of the charge sheet. That Charge Sheet is final report or complete investigation of Police. You will get the copy that charge sheet in court with nominal fees in copy section. Charge sheet includes all the papers related to your case.

RAJESH MAT (Administrator)     17 October 2016

In my case, I applied RTI to the court in which my case was running and I secured the Case Diary Documents filed by IO. there is no restriction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More