Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harish prabhu (advocate)     30 May 2010

ADVOCATE BROTHERS V NEED ADVICE

DEAR BROTHERS,

THIS IS RELATED TO A KANNADA MOVIE, IN MOVIE SHANKAR IPS. THEY HAVE HAVE USED OBJECTIONABLE WORDS ON THE ADVOCATE COMMUNITY SUCH AS ADVOCATES ARE COMMISSION AGENTS, COURTS ARE MARKETS , LIKE THAT, V HAD FILED FOR STAY AND OBTAINED IT, YESTERDAY, \

NOW, V R TRYING TO SERVE NOTICE TO THE PRODUCER, DIRECTOR, DISTRUBUTORS, BUT THEY HAVE REFUSED TO ACCEPT THE NOTICE,,,,,

THEY ARE SCREENING THE MOVIE , EVEN THOUGH IT HAS BEEN STAYED IN THE COURT, NOW V R PREPARING A CONTEMPT PETITION,

THIS IS A ATTACK ON OUR COMMUNITY, WAT R THE OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO US, KINDLY GIVE IMMEDIATE ADVICES,

MY SINCERE REQUEST TO ALL THOSE WHO RESPECT OUR PROFESSION.....

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 May 2010

I am also from Karantaka ( Gadag)  Yesteraday only we discussed about the film and wordings used against the advocates. We are planinng to boycot the court proceedings, tommarrow it will be decided in the meeting of bar assosciation. We will send the resolution passed by the association to the producer and to the bar council of karantaka.

I request all the learned members of this club to support us.

1 Like

SHARAD CHANDRA DANEJ (Asstt. Manager)     30 May 2010

Dear Harish & Raju, advocates,

I endorse your view that no one is right for using abusing/insulting language to anyone anywhere - whether it be media, film, seminar or even amongst friends. Though I havnt seen the said film, but whatever the film says about court, advocates could have been said in other way which should have not been insulting. WE should learn such lessons from the great cartoonist Mr.  R K Laxman.

S C DANEJ

harish prabhu (advocate)     30 May 2010

Thank you sirs, i am glad to have such advices, today in tv9 office, the producer of the movie has told that , he is going to purchase the judges itself, though v r not getting proper support v will fight for justice,

and rajeev sir, if u r from karnataka, kindly join us in our fight, there is no meaning in boycotting the courts, the hon'ble CCH-6 has issued a stay order on film and the next hearing is on 5th, hopefully they will move for vacating stay order before high court tommorow, tommorow v will file contempt petition.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     31 May 2010

Harish Sir, this is your sister from Karnataka.  I am still a student of law and so, I do not know what other options are available now. It is said in the film that Courts are markets. And as you said, when the producer is confident of buying the judges,  lawyers should see that he learn a lesson.  I support your actions.

Evil forces are always there in any system. No system is clean. But opinions cannot be generalised. Specially, one cannot speak derogatory words against Court of law. It is Contempt of Court.

1 Like

aditya vadali (LAWYER)     31 May 2010

MY DEAR BROTHER,

THE PROBLEM TODAY, THE GENERAL MIDDLE CLASS PUBLIC THINKS THAT THE JUSTICE WILL BE IN THE SIDE OF ECONOMICALLY HIGHER SOCIETY, INSPITE OF THE CONSIDERATION OF THE REAL FACTS OF THE CASE (WHATEVER MAY THE REASON IS), MIGHT BE DUE TO LACK OF PATIENCE / LEGAL SENSE, DUE TO THIER POVERTY SIUATIONS OF ANY.  BASING ON THESE THE MOVIES ARE CITING THE FIELDS OF POLICE & JUDICIARY, AS THEY ARE TO EARN MONEY, RATHER THAN PUBLIC JUSTICE.

NOW, WE HAVE MANY REMEDIAL ACT'S FOR MANY GRAVE OFFENCES OR TORTS. (EG: POLICE CODE SAYS , IT IS OFFENCE, THRETENING OF OFFICER IN DUTY), SIMILARLY THEIR SHOULD BE AN ACT'S FROM THE PARLIAMENT TO ABOLISH SUCH VIDEOS, WHICH ARE DEGRADING THE JUDICIAL PRESTIGE AND IT'S MEMBERS ( LAWYERS, JUDGES & POLICE).

ONLY ACT'S WRITTEN ARE CONSIDERED IN THIS COUNTRY, THE GOVT. SHOULD TAKE THE ACTION NOT MERELY, BUT BY PROVIDING SUCH AN ACT, TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

REGARDS,

ADITYA VADALI. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register