Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhinav Nagaarjun   06 March 2020

Defamation Legal Notice

Hello,

So today i.e 6th March 2020, around afternoon I along with few of my friends was playing the game of cards in the college canteen. A college mate of our took pictures and posted them on her whatsapp status with alleged statements and accusing us for doing something that is prohibited. Now no written notice either by the canteen authority or the College authority has been issued regarding playing cards in college campus(We were not gambling since no money was included). The way she wrote on her whatsapp status has for sure harmed our respect and reputation. I don't what to file a case over her but i do want to serve her with a legat notice where she is asked to apologise and pay a fine of ₹1. Can i make this happen? If yes, then how? 

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Haresh Raichura (Advocate on Record)     07 March 2020

You can give legal notice. You have to file suit if she does not pay and does not apologise. Film Actor Manoj Kumar had filed such suit for damages of Rs 1/-
2 Like

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     07 March 2020

1. yes, you can serve her with a legal notice for defaming you on social media account,

2. don't forget to take screen shots of her whatsapp profile 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 March 2020

You are still a student, and playing cards by students in the canteen in college premises may not appear proper.  Just forget the issue for some time and focus on your career.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register