Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richard (manager)     13 April 2010

Agriculturist Certificate

Hi

My grandparents were agriculturists and owned Agricultural land in Karnataka, which they sold due to financial problems.

We do have the copy of sale documents executed by them.

I now wish to buy some agricultural land. Given to understand that one needs to have a agriculturist certificate, to buy land, Can I get a agriculturist certificate based on the fact that my grandparents were agriculturists.

Learning

8 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     13 April 2010

ofcourse you can obtain the certificate based on the fact that your grandparents were agriculturists. However, the criteria is that one should be owning an agricultural land in order to obtain the certificate. The laws governing the same vary from state to state. You will have to check it out. Most revenue authorities have an itching palm so even otherwise getting the same is not that difficult

1 Like

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     14 April 2010

how many years have past after selling the aricultural land.

richard (manager)     15 April 2010

Thanks for your prompt reply. Just to inform you that currently we do not own any agricultural land now. All the land we owned was sold off. In that case, can I still get a certificate

richard (manager)     15 April 2010

property sold around 1982.

Mr Abbas (M.D)     25 May 2010

MR RICHARD, FIRST BUY AGRI LAND IN SAME VILLAGE WERE UR FAMILY HAD AGRI LAND  IN YOUR G.P OR PARENTS IF THEY ARE ALIVE IN THERE NAME .

THEN U CAN BUY LAND ALL OVER INDIA,

REGARDS

ABBAS

richard (manager)     25 May 2010

Thanks Abbas, need to understand on this more.

1. My GP and Parents are no longer alive, so I cant buy the land in their name. I would need to buy it in my name. Buying the land in the same village is not an issue for me..

Buy Can I buy agricultural land in my name, without an agricultural certificate..

If so, on what basis..cause they will ask for a Agri Cert.

G Singh (retired)     27 January 2012

Need help .....I come from  an agriculturist family, we have tilled the land for centuries before partition in west Pakistan and had to  leave due partition.  I am 70+ and retired and I want get involved in agriculture, I have deep interest in it. The problem is our records if at all are in Pakistan. If I get the records from Pakistan will they be accepted or alternatively I can give a afidavit. We had over thousand acres.We started life from scratch here .Now I have the money to buy the  land.  The sad part is   I  have no certificate.  Please telll  me how to  handle this.

G Singh (retired)     27 January 2012

Need help .....I come from  an agriculturist family, we have tilled the land for centuries before partition in west Pakistan and had to  leave due partition.  I am 70+ and retired and I want get involved in agriculture, I have deep interest in it. The problem is our records if at all are in Pakistan. If I get the records from Pakistan will they be accepted or alternatively I can give a afidavit. We had over thousand acres.We started life from scratch here .Now I have the money to buy the  land.  The sad part is   I  have no certificate.  Please telll  me how to  handle this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register