LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muthu Krishna   07 October 2017

Property litigation

Dear sir my father is selling his house ,this house was registered by gift deed my grandmother now the property is registered under father name in gift deed which is registered , I have 3 elder sisters and youngest son according to law will my sisters have any rights in the property and will father can sell this property Please do advice if one of the sisters is demanding very high amount from him your expert legal advice is sought for awaiting your reply regards Thanks

Learning

8 Replies

Master Warrior (AOR)     08 October 2017

The property isn't an inheritance property and as such your sisters shouldn't have any say on it.

Even if it was an inheritance property, while your father is alive I believe any decision of what to do with the property is his and his alone. In any case once it becomes a gift it is no longer an "inheritance property" and your sisters have no say and it can be sold/transferred as he wants.

Muthu Krishna   08 October 2017

thank you for the message yes it is inheritance property of my grandfather does he need to take no objection from his children as this is requested by the buyer ,what is law says for inherited property does grandchildren have any right (the property is in name of my father ) please advise

Please also guide us how do we proceed further

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 October 2017

Please inform date of such gift deed, whether mutation was made in Govt. records.

1 Like

Sir this gift deep was made in 1991 this was registered in sub register office please let me know what mutation means

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 October 2017

The property belongs to the father and the children have rights or interests therein during his lifetime.

Thank you sir please let us know if anybody knows lawyer in secunderabad whom my father can approach for clarification for this case

Master Warrior (AOR)     25 April 2018

If your grandmother gave it to your father in a gift deed, it is not inherited property, and as such nobody has any claim to it other than your father.

If it was purchased by your grandfather/grandmother and then inherited by your father, then it is inheritance property and his children (your sisters/brother/you) have a claim to it due to the inherited status.

If registered by gift or sale deed, however, then it is not inheritance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register