Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anne   18 May 2016

Steps to get duplicate divorce decree

Hi,

I am posting this question on behalf of my sister. She got divorced in 2012. Then she was working out of Delhi. The divorce was seeked in Delhi but she had to leave before she could get it. The lawyer who got the divorce done promised that she will post the decree but never did. ALso, started ignoring calls post payment (Very unprofessional)

Now, I will have to get it as she has requested me to do so. I will get it and post it to her. Please help me on how to get the duplicate copy. I am clueless.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

8 Replies

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     18 May 2016

You can follow above advice, but as it appears that you did not pay lawyer fees, copying branch will ask you to get signature of your lawyer on copy application, without which you wont get any copy.  Pay fees to lawyer and get whatever copy you want through her.  Remember lawyers spend their lives in court halls for people like you in return for professional fees.

1 Like

Anne   18 May 2016

Thank you.

The fees has been fully paid. I asked her. So the copy of the reciept will also be shared.

Eerangere Sana (Excellent Lawyer)     18 May 2016

Originally posted by : Anne
Thank you.

The fees has been fully paid. I asked her. So the copy of the reciept will also be shared.

One copy is given free to both parties, that will be with lawyer, if paid all fees, contact lawyer meet in person and get it would be my advice, adopting other methods will be cumbersome and futile.

(Guest)

I practice in Delhi if you need any help you could contact me on belowmentioned number.

Regards,

Rit Arora

Advocate

(Guest)

What my learned friends have mentioned is also correct. 

A walk alone (-)     18 May 2016

You can go court and apply for a Certified Copy as a third party.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 May 2016

"

You can follow above advice, but as it appears that you did not pay lawyer fees, copying branch will ask you to get signature of your lawyer on copy application, without which you wont get any copy.  Pay fees to lawyer and get whatever copy you want through her.  Remember lawyers spend their lives in court halls for people like you in return for professional fees."

Even if the fees is not paid or only partly paid, it is unprofessional for the advocate to withold the copy of the order/Judgment/decree.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 May 2016

There is nothing to be panicked about it. 

Since your sister is the party to the proceedings she only can apply for certified copy of the decree directly from the court ignoring her advocate or her advocate can apply for the certified copy  of the decree.

In case you would like to get the copy on her behalf, you can get an authorisation from her in the form of a notarised special power of attorney authorising you to carry out this work mentioning the case number and date of decree and advising you to apply for certified copy of the divorce decree on her behalf, with the copy of this GPA deed and vakalat and copy application you can obtain the certified copies directly by applying for the same from the concerned court.  

You need not trace out the advocate for this purpose. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register