Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jane (student)     02 November 2009

After LLB?

Hi,

I wanna pursue this new online course from https://www.americanlegalstudies.com.

Can anyone tell me if its worth paying about 35K for this?

Its completely online.I'm in the final yr of LLB studying in Blore.Saw their brochure on my college notice board so want to take some advice before deciding.

Please help

Learning

13 Replies

(Guest)

no. no. no. if you intend to learn law, it has to be on campus, if you want some level of credibility. There are tons of fly by nigh operators who offer everything from LLB to MMBS and MBA

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     02 November 2009

IF YOU STUDY ONLINE , U R DEGREE WILL BE ONLINE ONLY. DONOT BELIVE ALL THESE

RAM S.PATIL (ADVOCATE)     02 November 2009

PLESE DO NOT BELIEVE SUCH TYPES OF ONLINE EXAMINATION.  YOU WILL HAVE TO COMPLETE LLB FROM LAW COLLEGES ONLY.

Sumedh (Advocate)     02 November 2009

I feel its pretty safe for you to pursue that course as its a diploma program and and contact the relevent people for more details, as even I have got the details of the program and it might be helpful for you to get into LPOs, firms both domestic and international and probably MNCs. I would suggest you to contact these people and get to know more about it.

Sumedh

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     03 November 2009

bluf

Sumedh (Advocate)     03 November 2009

why do you think it is bluff?

I see that you are a senior member on this forum and a one word answer to that? without knowing what it is...

Darshan Sharma (Lawyer-cum-detective)     03 November 2009

Law is case specific. A good book on subject and practical experience is more important than any on line course. 35K  is like to be a waste of time, money ang energy inmy view.

charudureja (advocate)     03 November 2009

we in india still fear about online courses bt whn it comes to ipr or cyber law we go for online courses. so before taking plunge check its authenticity your self ur feeling confused as lots of money is involved and returns are unknown.so my advice is talk to other students who have already undergone this and from try to have a know how from other sources as well.

1 Like

jane (student)     03 November 2009

Thanks all but now I'm more confused. According to my principal, it's a good value add course but you're all saying otherwise. Please explain.

Also this institute offering this diploma is established in the US.

charudureja (advocate)     05 November 2009

we r nt saying its a bluff, we just want u to be careful thats it. to be frank we dont kn abt the course as none of us has done that u r the one who knw abt it and has researched on it. if u feel tht its good thn take a decsion and dont fear or hesitate becsuse it is only u have to take decsion n then have take the benefit or brunt, whtever it is.so take it or leave it. u r responsible for ur actions

1 Like

Sumedh (Advocate)     10 November 2009

I agree with charundureja. I checked the website and felt that there is nothing wrong in taking the program. you can check with your principal and get more details on it . Later contact these people and clarify any doubts you have regarding the course.

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.09325226691, 09271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

.REGARDING THE ONLINE COURSE KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.YOU ARE COMPLETING FINAL YEAR OF LL.B.COURSE. HENCE KINDLY CONCENTRATE ON YOUR LL.B.DEGREE COURSE FIRST.AND PASS THE SAME WITH GOOD MARKS.

2.REGARDING THE ON LINE COURSE KINDLY NOTE THAT ,LL.B.DEGREE COURSE WILL BE SUFFICIENT FOR YOU TO ENROL AS A MEMBER AS PER RULES OF BAR COUNCIL OF YOUR STATE. YOU CAN START PRACTICING AS AN ADVOCATE AFTER YOUR DEGREE.

3.KINDLY NOTE THAT IN INDIA SEVERAL ACTS ARE PASSED  BY THE PARLIAMENT ACCORDING TO THE NEED OF THE LOCAL PEOPLE .

4.KINDLY FURTHER NOTE THAT ONCE YOU PASS THE LL.B.EXAMS YOU HAVE TO STUDY OF YOUR OWN AND USE THE PROCEDURE OF COURT AS PER THE CIVIL PROCEDURE CODE FOR ALL CIVIL ACTS AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE CODE FOR CRIMINAL ACTS PASSED.

5 KINDLY FURTHR NOTE THAT ALL ACTS PASSED TILL TODAY ARE NOT FOR YOUR STUDIES FOR LLB.EXAM

HENCE BE CONFIDENT AND KINDLY SEND DETAILS IF HELP IS REQUIRED

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOU YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

jane (student)     24 December 2009

Dear All,

Thanks for your replies, for me to make sure I have options open to join in law firms. I think I would seriously consider this course as soon as my exams get over. I enquired with them, & they seem to be quite proffessional & are ofering the same course which is offered in US, however their course fees seems to be on the higher side... :(

The course would have about 30 papers to write (Online), & would be graded. It seems that the text books & relevant study material would be couriered to us

I feel by doing this, I would have better carrerr options. Is there anyone here who has done this course???? Please share your contact numbers or advise if it can be completed in a years time, & if it was helpful?? As they say the average time to finish would be about a years time...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register