LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vidu (abc)     08 October 2009

document production - what stage

upto what stage documentary evidence can be produced in a trial ?

Learning

6 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     09 October 2009

as a general rule the documents are to be produced at the time of filing and at the time of production of evidence....however in some exceptional circumstances it can be done at a later stage as well.

you please mention the facts of the case, so that proper opinon can be expressed.

1 Like

S.N.PADSHETTY (-)     10 October 2009

Hi, vidu My friend Kiran Kumar is right, you mention the details
1 Like

vidu (abc)     10 October 2009

dear sir ,

I am respondent in a case u/s 125 crpc . I want to rebut claims of petitioner with help of some documents . My question is , upto what stage of proceedings I can place documentary evidence to support my claims ? Can I produce any documents at stage of evidence ?

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     10 October 2009

dear you can produce any relevant documents during your evidence, or may put the same during cross examiniation to the petitioner.

1 Like

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     11 October 2009

yes you can produce documents at the stage of evidence with permission of court, but you must take care documents must be proved and exibited, otherwise you can't rebut claims of petitioner, at later stage you can produce public documents.

1 Like

vidu (abc)     11 October 2009

dear sir ,

please clarify a bit more for a layman like me your words ".... but you must take care documents must be proved and exibited, otherwise you can't rebut claims of petitioner....."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register