Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil kumar (Xyz)     22 February 2013

Married man want to live in with divorced lady

Dear Sir,

I have been married for last 14 years with 2 sons and a daughter. My relation with my wife was not good as she was always busy with kids and she never gave me much attention. Around one year back i met a Lady who was going through divorce.  She needed emotional support, at starting it was friendship but with time we started loving each other. She will get a divorce by May 2013. We want to live with each other. I want to know the following:

1. Is it legal for a married man to have a live in relation with a divorced lady

2. Is it legal to have physical relation in live in relation

3. Can my wife book me against any charges ( like adultery, biagamy, etc etc)

4. If im ready to give my wife divorce, but my wife is not ready, is there any prodecudre or law for single party divorce

5. Are there any other complications

Please Help

Learning

18 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     22 February 2013

were those children yours or your wife brought them in dahez?
1 Like

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     22 February 2013

It is not wise to get into a relationship as laws dont approve it and divorce is not possible if your wife doesnt agree. A prudennt man who has a settled life with childrens and no complications in life otherwise would not do what you are thinking to do. Here you would find many who are entangled in cases who would be not sure about when they would come off from these legal complications and settle again but here you are though settled are trying to get into trouble if you dare to you will face the repucursions.

Live in my a married man would attract bigamy.

abdul (MD)     22 February 2013

Dear Mr. Sushil,

It is baffling to know that you think of divorcing your wife for no fault of hers and your complaint against her is that she was busy doing her responsibilites and you on the other hand fell for a woman who is going through divorce, did you think of your children, their future and the negative impact of your actions on their life.

what is the fault of your wife???

here me and many like me are going through a turmoil of legal proceedings and being forcefully kept away from our children for no fault of ours and the only mistake is that we chose the wrong partner for life and i do not even have the courage to think of remarrying, forget remarrying i do not even want the entry of another woman in my life in any manner, and you want to may hay while it shines.

think again brother, for your comfort and lust you jeopardize the lives of few innocents.

regards

abdul 

Sushil kumar (Xyz)     22 February 2013

I'm in love with this divorced lady, I cannot back out, I'm responsible for my kids and I'm ready to give maintance to my wife. I just want to know the legality of live in relation and If my wife can sue on any grounds

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.You cannot be charged with bigamy and adultry for that due to the loopholes in law.Neverthless, you may attract 498A.

2.Same as point number (1)

3.Answer already given in point number (1).

4.Strictly No, you can't get even an ex-parte divorce without the willingness of your wife.

4.You better know the implications of 498-A.

Hope you get the due answers as per the provisions of law.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 February 2013

So you want your wife to be punished for not neglecting children and not spoiling your old age with spoiled neglected children.

R.kumar.bangalore (executive)     24 February 2013

dear sushil kumar,

please think well with patient and go for councelling with a good lawyer in your area, you will get cleared all. please think your children life is very important. In each person always positive and negative will be there in life, you are  taking negative side  of your wife, she is living with you for 14 years and having twokids.  please talk to her openly ,she is also a human being -please always keep in your mind. please solve the issue amicable.  please give the importance and value to the family values and your children's life.  

Helpseeker (Manager)     25 February 2013

Dear sir,

in this case, if the couple in live in reltionship want to have children, can they have it without attracting legal complications?

also how can the person in question safeggaurd himself from 498A , by taking any precauttionary steps?

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     25 February 2013

Then it will attract all legal complications,

reason : First wife is a legally authorised person to provide child to husband  and not live-in person, why even he cant a test tube baby when he has living wife who cannot consent it. Even for test tube baby it si considered as bigmay, then imagine for live-in...

the live-in is called as safe as legally no provision exists as of now, but bearing child with her is legally dangerous and your wife can go and proove it as bigamy.

In this whole process, your wife and your live-in partner gets mercy of indain laws but you will be crushed if any one fo them wanted it..

Sushil kumar (Xyz)     25 February 2013

Dear Friends,

I know what im doing.

I want to know about the complications involved in this.

I dont want to marry that lady and just live in with her.

I dont want any child from my live in relation.

i just want to know only about any legal complications involved.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2013

You know what you are doing then why bother about complications.  You have been advised.

(Guest)

Sushil,

Whatever you do,consult a lawyer and do it...Is it not better to go for MCD if you no longer want to live with your wife?But those alimony payments for wife + 3 kids is going to cost you quite a lot

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 February 2013

MCD is possible if wife agrees    

(Guest)

I disagree with mani as it doesnt come under bigamy law. There was no marriage took place w.r.t second woman. But sure it comes under adultery and his first wife can file divorce showing it as a reason.

The man goes unpunished for aduletry as long as the second lady is not someone else's wife.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register