Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vimal gaur (business)     27 December 2011

Ple suggest

hello,

I am vimal . Got married 2009 oct to a middle class girl. within 2 mths of marriege her father took her away withmy knowledge from my house saying my MIL was on death bed. Nothing of which was true. 1 month later me and my parents and some elders went to their house , had an argument and brought her back.  she stayed with me and my parents for 4-5 mths acted normally but again in sep 2010 her parents took her home with them against my will. my wife also threatned with suicide if not allowed to go., and promised me thet she would return in 3 days time.i let her go. i got a call 1 month later from her and when asked when would she return she told not decided yet. after which we  spoke sparingly, excahngng greetings and nothing much. later i learnt that she is not staying with her parents but have moved to hyderabad to her relatives house and working there. our efforts to mediate have failed.  Now in dec 2011 i thought of seperarting from her and she compalined to a NGO wanted a councelling session to be arranged with me in hyderabad. no violence, dowry or physical torture  involved.My queries:

1. I am legally bound to attend the same?

2. what to expext there?

3. If councelling fails will i be booked under 498A?

Learning

4 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     27 December 2011

she wants counselling.

no harm in accepting her proposal.

it may help solve the problem amicablly.

best of luck.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     27 December 2011

1. You are not legally bound to attend the same but its good to attend as you said your efforts for mediation have failed so may be that councelling session would provide a common ground to talk and understand their grieviences and you to share yours and if this relation can work out or if not there may be a decision arrived mutually there for seperation without getting into the legal problems.

2. There would be just some counselling basis the issues that she would have depicted and your issues with them. If she has decided to part ways and so have you they would work on the terms basis which you can seperate any alimony or return of her 'Streedhan' etc or working out the issues between you for reunion. But that would not be a compulsion on you to agree or not.

3. 498A is not linked with counselling that is always a chance of 498A but since she hasnt resorted to it till now and have arranged a counselling so it seems she is of the view to resolve it amicably and you should support the same as resolving amicably is always better instead of getting adamant as that would further lead to complications.

The funda should be either resolve the issues and start again or if cant be resolved part ways instead of wasting time as life is too short and not meant for being wasted in running around the courts and getting mental pressure throughout life. I suggest attend the counselling and try to finish it then and there.

1 Like

(Guest)

you better attend the counselling session.

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 December 2011

No reason to differ with the considered advise given to you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register