LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RR Netha (ff)     25 November 2011

Home loan default

Hi - I have availed the 23 lac from ICICI bank and bought a apartment in Hyd in July'2006.  I have continuously paid EMIs for 2 1/2 yrs(23,000 P.M.) and however, due to personal financial crisis I stopped paying EMIs thereafter from Nov'2008.  I have recieved layer notices and I sent a letter to bank stating that take over the property.

Now, I hav

- When would bank go for property auction

- Can I get any money from bank after completing the auction process

Please help me ..

thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   25 November 2011

Bank may auction after issuing notice  under sec.13(4)  of the SARFEASI Act and after sell the property they have to pay remaining balance after adjusting due amount,so you should follow up the proceeding at he DRT to get actual market value.

1 Like

RR Netha (ff)     26 November 2011

Thanks you for reply sir.  Does DRT(Debt recovery tribunal) will have update on my property. Or is there any way that i should know the status of auction of of my property.  Is there any one who can help me in this regard at Hyderabad.

thanks

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     26 November 2011

Procedures  r shown correctly by Minansu , but i take it fore granted, DRT is not in picture till date.

U have to pay for all auction + news paper+ drt ++++

y don't u ask bank to allow u to sell  r apt  , trf loan on new purchaser, collect bal in cash/  chq

Usually Bank Allow u, to trf loan/ and or direct payment to bank by r apt purchaser 

u can save a lot, and get gargained price. what is bank due?? as on today??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register